Sunday, September 19, 2010

Running and Eating

Hi everyone and Happy Sunday. WOW has this weekend flown by! Unfortunately, I still have not had a chance to go get my sneakers.....maybe this week or weekend? However, I have been doing a lot of eating and running. Evan and I were joined by our friends Laura and Matt at the Savant Project, in Brigham Circle, for dinner last night.



Evan and I arrived a little early and decided to grab a drink at the bar. We were a little frustrated because we had to wait a good 10 minutes before the bartender asked us for our drink order (and it was not busy). When we finally got to order, I ordered a glass of Chilean wine that was smokey with a peppery finish, it was good not great.


Once our friends arrived we sat at a table and ordered a round of drinks. I ordered the same wine because the restaurant, surprisingly, only had two red wine options. As for dinner, Evan and I decided to share two tapas and one main course, so we could maximize the amount of tasting. For our tapas we ordered a quesadilla trio


and mussels with sweet potato fries


Both "tapas" were pretty good, but not incredible. After our tapas arrived the waiter came over and said the kitchen lost our order and needed us to remind him on our entree. Both couples ordered the same meal, Pork Tenderloin. After a few minutes our waiter returned to inform us that they were out of the pork. So, Evan and I disappointingly ordered the salmon to split. About 15 minutes later the waiter brought out one pork tenderloin and placed it in front of Laura and Matt and informed them they "found" a pork and that their fish tacos (the alternative meal) was cancelled. All of us were very, very confused and weirded out that they just happened to "find" this pork. Laura and Matt explained that the pork was not very good, so Evan and I were somewhat relieved they did not "find" one for us. In addition our salmon did not show up for another 30 minutes. However, when the salmon did arrive it was very good!


All of us were very annoyed at this dinning experience and asked to speak to a manager; however, we were told that there was not one on duty that evening. So, the bartender came over to talk. The bartender was very nice and apologized for all the confusion and comped our drinks.

As we were getting ready to leave a local band was setting up, so we all decided to stay and check it out. The band was very good and we all had a fun time dancing and listening to the live music. Overall, Evan and I decided we probably will never go back there to eat, but maybe to have a drink and listen to the music.




















- - - - - - -


This morning I woke up around 9am and had a little cereal and coffee.


Evan and I went food shopping while I digested. Once home, I had a quick glass of water and got ready to go running. I decided to go for a 7 miler today in order to pump up my mileage for the week. I was kinda stiff and sore from yesterday's race, but the soreness was not a bad sore, so I figured I would be OK to run. I went a little slower today, so I didn't push myself too much. Here are my splits according to the Garmin.

Distance: 7 Miles
Duration: 1:00:57
Mile 1: 9:23
Mile 2: 8:43
Mile 3: 8:41
Mile 4: 8:34
Mile 5: 8:24
Mile 6: 8:37 (Trying to dodge people on the sidewalk going to the Red Sox game)
Mile 7: 8:31

I went around the Charles river, but the opposite way from the race course yesterday. The Charles is pretty flat, which I figured would be good so I wouldn't push myself too much and since the goal was just to get the miles in. I felt really good the whole time and was able to speed up half way through my run. I also did not have any knee pain, which was also a plus. However, I was 1 minutes slower from last time I ran 7 miles, which could be due to running a race yesterday. Once home I stretched and iced my knees for 10 minutes.

After I showered I prepared a late lunch of leftovers from the week on a salad (three bean dip and corn and bean salad).


and some pita chips and hummus.


I have spent the rest of the day cooking, cleaning around the house and preparing for another week of internship. Have a great Sunday night! Go Pats!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE pita chips and hummus!!! I can pound through a bag of pita chips in no time! lol. Great 7 mile run!

    ReplyDelete