Saturday, September 4, 2010

Food, Food and More Food!

Hello there! First I want to say a special:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN!!!!


Today is Evan's 26th birthday, but unfortunately he has to work part of the day so we are not doing a dinner celebration until Wednesday.

On the running front, I decided to run a 7K race on Monday with my cousin, so my training schedule this weekend has been a little thrown off. However, I ran a 5.3 miler today, but will take another rest day tomorrow so I can be rested up for my race on Monday. Here are my splits from the today's run.

Distance: 5.3 miles
Time: 45:44
Mile 1: 8:40
Mile 2: 8:20
Mile 3: 8:34
Mile 4: 8:28
Mile 5: 8:27
.33: 3:16 (this was up a HUGE hill)

I felt really good during this run. My legs are feeling better (I definitely needed that rest day yesterday) and I am getting really excited for the race on Monday. My goal for the race is to do between 7:15-7:30 minute miles. I have not run a race since my knee injury, so I will see how it goes. I am going to take it easy if I start to feel ANY pain because I do not want to be out for the 1/2 marathon in a month.

 I feel like I have had so many fun meals the last few days, so I thought I would share them with you.
 Friday afternoon my brother met Evan and me at Mela, an Indian restaurant in the South End. Mela offers a $9.95 lunch buffet during the week, so we went to check it out. Here are some pictures from lunch. This was some of the best Indian food I have had!!!! I highly, highly recommend Mela!!!!!

I started with a salad with a Samosa on top
Garlic Naan
A mix of yummy food!
Rice Pudding

Fun and Yummy lunch! Later on that evening I went to my parents house to eat some more; however, I did not get even a little hungry until around 9pm that evening. My mom made Corn Chowder and Salad



I tried to recreate the Goat Cheese sandwich I had in Montreal for my parents. It came out pretty close. I just got a french bread and sliced it, spread some goat cheese (from Trader Joe's) on it, cut up tomatoes, then drizzled some olive oil and prinkled spices on top. I baked the bread for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Perfection!


I also made some brownies for dessert.


Here is my dinner all together:


Evan did not come with me to my parents house because of his work schedule, but I did go into the city today to visit him and have lunch for his birthday. On my way into Boston, I picked up a cake for Evan and also some food from his favorite restaurant in Boston: Blue Ribbon BBQ. Evan is from the South, so it has been hard for him to find good BBQ. However, we discovered this place a few months ago and he said it rivalled BBQ in the South. I got him the meat duo platter (2 meats and 2 sides). His choices were pulled pork and beef brisket with Cole Slaw and Rice and Beans. I got the 3 side platter with Collard Greens, Green Beans and Baked Beans. We also got corn bread with our meals.


My lunch:



Dessert:

Birthday Cake!
After lunch Evan and I enjoyed the beautiful day in Boston and walked around a very packed Newbury Street.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend! I will be back with a race recap on Monday. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment