Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lasagna Goodness!

Happy Hump day! I had a great day at internship today writing away and seeing students. I also ate a yummy "normal" lunch.

1/2 ham and cheese sandwich, goldfish, apple, carrots/cucumbers
After a snack, I went for a run in the BEAUTIFUL weather today:

Distance: 6.0 miles
Duration: Unknown because my Garmin had a hard time finding satellite for the first .7 of a mile
Mile .7: ???
Mile 1: 7:58
Mile 2: 8.32
Mile 3: 8:32
Mile 4: 8:22
Mile 5: 8:38
Mile .3: 2:56

I felt really good on the run and had a LOT of energy (which was weird because I have been really, really busy this week). I also experienced no knee or leg pain. I hope this holds up for the next 2 weeks. I cannot believe the race is in less than 2 weeks!!!!!

As for last night's vegetable lasagna

My table setting

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
Pasta
Roasted vegetable tomato sauce
Eggplant
Mushrooms
Garlic
Olive oil
Sun dried tomatoes
Mozzarella 
Ricotta
Parmesan cheese
3 eggs
Basil
Oregano
Salt
Pepper
Garlic salt

Direction:
1) Cook lasagna noodles
2) Chop the eggplant and then grill the eggplant
3) Saute the mushrooms in the garlic and olive oil
4) While the vegetables are sauteing, mix the 3 eggs with the ricotta cheese (I used 2 small containers, but you can also use one large one), Parmesan cheese (I used half of a small container) and spices.
5) Spray the bottom of the glass baking dish and put a layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan.
6) Layer the pasta, vegetables, ricotta mixture, sun dried, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
7) Continue the layering process for four layers
8) On the top put the rest of the sauce and bag of mozzarella cheese
9) Add some spices on top as well.
10) Put in the oven at 400 degrees and cook covered for 50 minutes and then an additional 10 minutes uncovered. 
11) Let cool for 10 minutes and the Enjoy!



YUM! I served mine with a large salad and garlic bread from Whole Foods.

My portion plus a little more lasagna
For dessert we had some coffee and a dessert plate we got from the North End the previous night.

Note: I did NOT eat all of this by myself!
I had 3 of the small Anise cookies that are on top. YUM!
Great night and great dinner!! Hope you are having a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment