Saturday, September 25, 2010

12 Miles Done!!!

I did it! I did it!!! I ran 12 miles!!!!!! I woke up around 8 am and had some coffee, toast, peanut butter and banana. I digested and got ready for my run!



As I started getting ready Evan mentioned he would join me for 2 or 3 miles and I was thrilled to have a little company on this LONG run! So around 10am  Evan and I set out on our run. Neither one of us realized how hot it was outside (we didn't check the temps) and did not expect the heat/humidity that we encountered out there. WOW was it hot!!!! Evan lasted for 2 miles with me before he proclaimed he was too hot and dehydrated to go on. So I set out for the last 10 miles without him while he ran home.

Duration: 1:47:42
Distance: 12 miles
Mile 1.3: 9:58 (Evan was with me)
Mile 2: 9:17 (Evan was with me)
Mile 3: 8:40
Mile 4: 8:41
Mile 5: 8:56
Mile 6: 8:33
Mile 7: 9:01
Mile 8: 8:28
Mile 9: 9:06
Mile 10: 8:43
Mile 11: 9:08
Mile 12: 9:06

I felt great for the first 9 miles (except for a little boredom)! However, I was very, very thirsty the whole time and went through my whole camel pack, plus stopped at a few water fountains, and was still thirsty! It was VERY hot out!!! I tried to overcome the boredom by stopping a few times and switching up my music. After mile 9 things took a turn for the worst! My legs started to cramp up and my knee was a little achy (but not nearly as bad as it was on my 10 mile run I did two weeks ago). The worst part, after mile 9, was how hot and dehydrated I felt! I started getting nauseous and dizzy, but just tried to keep drinking water and keeping my pace steady. I made it back to my house at 11.5 miles and ran up and down my street until I hit 12 miles. Overall, this run was successful. I felt OK and my time was a little slower than normal, but still good. Two weeks to go until the half!

Once home I iced and stretched. Evan made me a smoothie to hold me over until lunch (we had to go grocery shopping). He put about a 1/2 cup of frozen berries, 1/4 cup of frozen tart yogurt, 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 cup of almond milk. YUM!



After grocery shopping, I heated up some leftover corn chowder and bread!



I am currently getting a little work done so I can enjoy our out of town guests tonight (Evan's parents are here from Texas!!). We are hosting a dinner party for them tonight and spending the day at a winery in Newport, RI tomorrow with my parents and brother. So, I am not sure when I will be back with a recap, hopefully tomorrow night! Have a GREAT weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 12 miler! That's so cool that you'll be hangin' out in Newport, RI... My fam sailed up/down the east coast a few summers ago, and Newport was one of our destinations. I LOVE that city! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I agree, Newport is great! I hope the weather is nice!

    ReplyDelete