Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lets Go Sox!

I woke up yesterday (Tuesday) feeling SOOOOOOOO sore!! However, my knee felt great! I was really sore in my calf muscles and back (weird). So I rolled out of bed and decided I would try to find a yoga class to participate in for my work out. As I was eating my cereal, banana and peanut butter I scrolled through the Internet looking for yoga classes in and around Boston. There are a lot of different styles of yoga to choose from in Boston. My favorite yoga studio is the Baron Baptist Power Yoga studio in Brookline and Cambridge. I thought about going there, but realized I did not have 2.5 hours to dedicate to yoga (it is about 1/2 there on the T). So, I continued to look, but did not find anything I liked and finally decided on a Power Yoga class at my gym (Boston Sports Club). I usually do not like yoga classes that are held at my gym, but I figured I would give it a shot.

After a little food shopping at Whole Foods, I headed to the gym for yoga. I started with 20 minutes on the elliptical to try and loosen up my legs and then went into the yoga class. When the teacher walked in, she explained that the class was Hip Hop Yoga, which is basically yoga done to Hip Hop music. "Ok", I thought (I guess they did not change the schedule on-line). This could be fine because I just need to stretch, I do not need to have an intense work out (i.e. Power Yoga). So, I stayed for the class and it was fine. A lot of stretching and not much work out, but the class forced me to stretch for an hour. I also really enjoyed the music and the teacher was very nice. I am not sure if I will go back to this class, but maybe I will try out the Power Yoga class another time. After the class I cooled down with another 10 minutes on the elliptical.

I came home and prepared a lunch of leftovers. I used the veggies from the Blue Ribbon BBQ lunch and some hummus leftovers I got at the Cheesecake Factory on Monday night. I added some lettuce (50/50 mix) and pita chips to the mix.

Yummy lunch! I quickly got ready and headed over to a School Psychology Social at a local bar: Solas. While chatting and catching up with my classmates and professors I enjoyed a pint of Harpoon UFO. Afterwards I went home to catch up on Entourage and relax a little before Evan and I headed to the Red Sox Game. Around 5:30, I asked Evan if he felt like sausage and peppers (which we had planned to eat before the game). We usually eat at the park, but I always feel sick after I eat that food and I think it is WAY overpriced (I would rather use the money to pay for overpriced beer instead). However, Evan proclaimed he was still to stuffed from lunch to even think about food. So, I changed my plans and made a quick peanut butter and jelly sandwich with some cantaloupe and carrots.

With dinner I also enjoyed my favorite beer: Magic Hat #9.

Evan and I were rooting for opposing teams. I was cheering for the Red Sox and Evan was for the Rays (he grew up around Tampa). Here we are with our opposing gear.

We walked over to Fenway and got there just as the game was starting. Well, I don't really want to talk about the game. Let's just say it started off good and then got worse and worse. I was revived with a little Sweet Caroline in the 8th, but by the 9th I decided it was time to leave. Oh well, at least Evan and I had fun! I had one Bud Light at the park and Evan had two. 

On the walk Evan and I did not want the evening to end, so Evan suggested going to a bar and getting another drink or going to get a burger and fries somewhere. I, of course, chose the food option. We walked by a Be Good on the way home and decided to stop in. Evan ordered the El Guapo burger with a side of sweet potato fries. He was nice enough to share his fries with me and I ate about half. I LOVE sweet potato fries. 

Today's plans include running 5 miles, laundry, going shopping and then taking Evan out for his birthday dinner! I will be back with a recap tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment