Saturday, September 25, 2010

Catching Up!

Hi Guys! Sorry I have been a little MIA, I have been very busy the last few days. I am currently getting ready for a 12 mile run (SO nervous!), but I thought I would back track and update you on the last few days.

Thursday

Thursday was very "Fallish," minus the weather. I ran 5 miles outside in the beautiful summer-like weather:

Distance: 5 miles
Duration: 42:40
Mile 1: 8:59
Mile 2: 8:03
Mile 3: 8:31
Mile 4: 8:33
Mile 5: 8:31

It was a pretty steady run, done on mostly flat terrain. I felt good and experienced no knee pain! Let's see if that holds up for today's run!

Once home (after water and icing) I had one of these guys.


Yum! I really like this pumpkin beer! It is a little heavier than Shipyard Pumpkin and a stronger beer flavor too. I had 1.5 beers throughout the night.

For dinner, Evan made a pork tenderloin seasoned with pepper, salt, tarragon, garlic powder and basil. He braised it on the stove top for a few minutes (until brown) and then let the pork roast in the oven. On the side we had some steamed broccoli (from the local Farmer's market) and mushroom risotto (frozen package from Trader Joe's).

There is a little Parmesan cheese sprinkled on the broccoli

It was the perfect Fall meal! Evan proclaimed it was the best pork tenderloin he has ever made and probably the simplest one as well.

Friday


Yesterday was a "rest" day for me, so I filled the afternoon with fun things like buying new sneakers and  getting my hair colored and cut (I will post a picture of my "new" hair cut soon). As far as the sneakers, I ended up buying (after trying on many different brands) Brooks Defyance 3.



 My old sneakers, Asics, were fine but they just were a little too stiff for my liking. The Brooks felt similar, but were not as stiff. The sales man also assured me that the Brooks have the same mechanics as the Asics shoe and both sneakers are good for a neutral foot (which I have). I bought my sneakers at Marathon Sports on Boylston street and the manager there is wonderful. He really took his time fitting me for the right shoe and even remembered my previous purchases. I highly recommend going to that Marathon Sports if you live around Boston and need new shoes!






After my purchase I headed over to the Fenway area for my hair cut. I was trying out a new place that a friend recommend called Phillipo Style Salon. I really liked this salon; everyone was very nice and continuously brought you beverages (including champagne). I was not 100% sure what I wanted to do with my color, but I new I wanted to go darker. I have been highlighting my hair for years now and it is looking very unhealthy, so I just needed a change. After talking with my stylist, we decided on the Biolage (not sure on the spelling??) treatment with a finishing gloss with dye in it. The Biolage treatment is like highlighting, but instead of foil the stylist "paints" the color directly on your hair. This creates a more natural look. Needless to say I was at the salon for 3 hours!!! I like my hair, however I am just trying to get use to it being SO dark! Evan did not even recognize me when we met up for dinner afterwards!

Since my hair appointment went so long and I was STARVING, Evan and I cancelled our plans to eat leftover soup and went to Cambridge, 1 for pizza and salad. It was our first time at this restaurant and we both really enjoyed it! I had 2 glasses of Chianti to drink and we both split 1/2 a grilled steak and cherry tomatoes, gorgonzola, and arugula pizza and 1/2 of a spinach, artichoke hearts, and chevre pizza. We also had an arugula salad with shaved Parmesan to split (sorry I have no photos because I forgot my camera at home). Everything was delicious and fresh tasting. The pizza was very, very flat and like a flat bread pizza instead of a pizza pie. Evan and I also split a Shipyard Pumpkin beer for dessert.

I am off for my longest run since my injury. Wish me luck! I will be back with a recap later today! Happy weekend to everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the hair!!! And, I actually have tried the Post Road pumpkin and love it as well. Good luck on the run.

    ReplyDelete