Sunday, January 30, 2011

Slow Saturday Slosh in the Sloppy Snow

Friday night I went out for a few drinks after work with my friends Vicki and Laura. I started with a glass of Riesling (Chateau St. Michelle) and then split a UFO white with Laura. I LOVE the wine, but did not care for the beer.

After drinks, we said goodbye to Laura and headed out to dinner downtown. I purchased a $25 restaurant.com gift card a few weeks ago to Red Sky and could not wait to use it. I started with a Key Lime Pie Martini:


BEST DRINK of the night!!! For dinner, Vicki and I split a caprese salad:


For my entree I ordered a chicken flat bread (unphotographed). All the food was delicious and inexpensive. I would highly recommend going back to this restaurant if you want a hip vibe where you can have fun drinks and a few appetizers.

After dinner we spent the rest of the night bar hopping around the Faniel Hall and Financial District areas. I had two more drinks through out the night and tried to drink lots and lots of water. It was a really, really fun night!!! However, I quickly discovered that my body is not like it once was when I was 21.

I woke up Saturday morning at 10am (Which is SO late for me) and rushed out for a run. My family, Evan and I were scheduled to go out reception site hunting, so I had to get out quickly for a run. I was supposed to do 12 miles, but only had time for 8.

Let's just say it was NOT a pretty run!!! I felt horrible, horrible and almost stopped and walked a few times. I felt nauseous, dizzy and was overheating. Here are my stats:

Distance: 8 miles
Duration: 1:11:46
Mile 1: 9:08
Mile 2: 9:37
Mile 3: 9:04
Mile 4: 8:55
Mile 5: 8:41
Mile 6: 8:52
Mile 7: 8:29
Mile 8: 8:57

The good news: I felt better as the run went on and I completed the 8 miles. The bad news was it wasn't pretty! Between not feeling good and the roads (especially at the start) were SO snowing. It was NOT a good run!

Would you go out for a run after a night out? How do you conquer snowy roads? 


Feeling better today! So, I am off to take a Body Pump class and run my last four miles to equal the 12 I was supposed to run yesterday. Hope you had a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice alliteration :P Slushy, slippery runs are the worst.. they really throw off your groove. I feel ya. But nice work on getting 8 miles in! That salad looks divine, mmm, I love caprese salads. I hope you had fun reception site hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmf. I definitely had to sweat-it-out this morning as well. It sucks, but you feel so much better when you're done with it. Between that and a steaming shower, you can cure most things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad news: more snow is rolling in this week! Not getting any easier for you to run outside.

    ReplyDelete