Monday, January 17, 2011

Oops...Not quite at 100

So, I was doing a little recalculating and this is actually my 99th post and yesterday's post was my 98th  (not my 100th). When I sign in to "edit post" they tell me how many post I have done. Well, when I signed in yesterday it said "this is your 100th post." So, I posted and celebrated the 100th post. Well, I happened to go through and look at past posts and calculated the number in my head and realized it only added up to 98. Hmmm, either I can't do math or something is wrong. Well, what I figured out is the "edit post" tab takes into account posts that you don't end up publishing as well as the ones I publish. Oops! I guess I celebrated a little too early.........

As for running this weekend, I got in two great runs! I was supposed to run 10 miles on Saturday with the DreamFar team, but in the end could not make it because I had 4 wedding reception sites to look at and my first appointment was at 11am. And not only could I not make the run with them, but I also did not have much time to run on my own. In addition, it was only 7 degrees outside not including the wind!!

I decided I would run a few miles Saturday morning (on the treadmill) and then run a longer run (outside) on Sunday. Saturday I woke up nice and early and ran 5 miles on the treadmill in 45 minutes. Then on Sunday I ran a GREAT loop around the Boston/Brookline area. The loop left from my house then I ran a few miles around the "Fens" area to Beacon street in Brookline then to Coolidge Corner where I then looped back to the Charles River and ran home. The run turned out to be 6.5 miles. Here are the stats:

Distance: 6.5
Duration: 56:02
Mile 1: 8:44
Mile 2: 8:36
Mile 3: 8:41
Mile 4: 8:24
Mile 5: 8:48
Mile 6: 8:25
Mile .5: 4:21

It was a really good run and the weather was very nice! Chilly, but sunny and the wind was not too bad. Also, there was not many hills (only 2-3 gradual ones). I totalled 11.5 miles for the weekend, which is longer than the 10 miles DreamFar did, but I did not run them all in one day. I guess I could have just run all 10 on Sunday, but when I made my plans (Friday night) I did not know what the weather would be like on Sunday and I figured 6 miles would not be too bad if I had to do that run on the treadmill too.

Looks like it is going to be a cold/snowy week, so not sure what my running schedule will be like. I am hoping to get out for at least one day and maybe do the other two on the treadmill.

---------

Today I took a break from running and did a spinning class. It was hard, but great to change things up!!
For dinner, Evan and I made a whole roasted chicken.

We rubbed the chicken inside the skin and out with fresh rosemary and thyme, lemon pepper, salt, EVOO, garlic and fresh lemon. Then cooked the chicken in the oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes and then at 350 for 20 minutes per pound (70 minutes for a 3.5 pound chicken). 


Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!! PERFECTION!!!!!!!


On the side we had wild long grain rice and broccoli. 



Yum!


Getting ready to start another week!

If you had the day off today, did you do anything fun?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't have the day off today, but I definitely celebrated with the four paper cuts I got at once this morning. Thrilling stuff, really.

    What a relaxing weekend! I'm so glad that you got a couple of good runs in - I'm extremely thankful when everything clicks right away and I'm on my stride.

    ReplyDelete