Sunday, January 23, 2011

In Search of Good Reception

Where did I leave off..... Friday, after the storm, I took a walk to meet Evan at work for a few drinks with he and his co-workers. I started off with a delicious Goose Island Matilde.

This is a GREAT beer, especially if you like Belgium beer. I recommend it! After chatting away with some new and old friends, I quickly ordered my second beer: Palm Belgium Pale Ale.

I was very interested in what this beer would taste like because I had never had a Belgium style beer that was also a pale ale. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised! It had a nice flavor like a Belgium, but was a little lighter (which I liked!). 

My stomach started rumbling, so Evan and I departed his co-workers and went over to the the Fenway area to try a new restaurant: Citizen Public House and Oyster Bar. Unfortunately, there was a two hour wait and just one seat at the bar. So, we decided to try our luck at Chipotle instead.

We started with chips, salsa and guac.

For my entree, I ordered the Burrito bowl with pork....Mmmmmmmm

I swear there was pork under there. Chipotle was a GREAT alternative (and CHEAP)!

Afterwards we went back to the Citizen's Public House for a quick drink before we met another group of friends who were out for a birthday party. I order a yummy Cab:

The Citizen's restaurant was actually pretty cool because they had wine on tap! We meet up with the birthday boy and his friends soon after, but I stuck to water for the rest of the night. 


Saturday morning I woke up bright and early (7:30 am) to head out for a LONG run. It was one of the coldest days of the year, but I didn't let that stop me. NO way! I headed right out there all bundled up! Here are my splits:

Duration: 1:19:39
Distance: 9.00
Mile 1: 8:55
Mile 2: 8:49
Mile 3: 9:16
Mile 4: 8:27
Mile 5: 8:52
Mile 6: 8:52
Mile 7: 8:50
Mile 8: 9:03
Mile 9: 8:30

I was a little slower than normal for many reasons. First, my legs were really, really sore from a David Farmer podcast I did on Friday. Second, my whole body was frozen solid and it was VERY hard to get moving. Finally, I was tired because I only got a few hours of sleep. Oh well, sometimes you just don't have a good run. 

After the run, Evan and I headed to my parents' house to look at a few more reception sites and attended a bridal show. We found a few sites we liked and one we really like, but it was too small for the amount of guests we have. It was a VERY tiring day. Wedding, although fun, is very stressful!


Today, I woke up very sore and decided to take a "rest" day. So, instead of working out my family, Evan and I went looking at another reception site on the water, north of Boston. We LOVED this site, but would still like to look at a few more places before we make our final decision. 

My body is feeling better tonight, so I am hoping to get up early before work and head to the gym. Wish me luck!

How was your weekend? How many reception sites did you look at before deciding on your wedding location? 


  1. Besides the registering debaucle, I had SUCH a relaxing weekend.

    We looked at three reception sites - they were the ones that were close enough to the synagogue and could hold the number of guests we're expecting (400). It's not a place I'm emotionally attached to, but it will work perfectly. Good luck!

  2. WOW! I can't even imagine having to search for a place that would have to hold 400 people! Most places we have looked at only hold about 250-300. I think this experience has been more difficult than Lauren and i thought it would be.