Sunday, January 16, 2011

Celebrations!

HAPPY 100th POST!!!!!

Today is the 100th post for "Girl with the Pink Hat." The blog is still growing and I am still trying to develop my style and what I can contribute to the blog world, but I am very proud of the blog so far and am VERY, VERY thankful to all you who stop by! Thank you!!!! And I am also thankful to Evan for supporting and encouraging me to pursue this project!!!

How is the blog so far? Is there anything you would like to see more of or less??

Thank you all again for viewing, following, commenting and supporting the blog!!!

In other celebratory news: 

HAPPY 6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EVAN!!!!


Evan and I had our first date 6 years ago from yesterday (January 15th). We went to an Italian restaurant in the North End of Boston and then to a movie ("Sideways"). It was wonderful, but I had no idea how incredible our relation would become. Evan is my best friend and I am SO happy to marry him in a year and half! 

Evan impressed me back then and is still impressing and surprising me today. When I got home yesterday he had this beautiful bouquet of flowers and a card waiting for me!


To celebrate, we went to Oleana, a restaurant in Cambridge that was awarded top Boston area restaurant of 2010. The restaurant provided Eastern Mediterranean cuisine and was highly recommended to us by our friends Laura and Matt. Oleana was warm and inviting, but the table we sat at was a little to small for two people. 


We started with this smooth tasting bottle of wine (great recommendation from our waitress)


and whipped feta and bread (I ate about 100 pieces of bread!)!!


Next up, we ordered the:  Spinach Falafel with Tahini, Yogurt, Beets & Crinkled Cress  



This was the best dish of the night!! The flavors were so unique and fresh. Everything paired so well together. I highly recommend ordering this dish if you go to Oleana!!

For our entrees, I ordered the "special", which was salmon on top of hummus, tabouli and greens. It was amazing!!


The salmon was fresh and the greens and tabouli were nice complements. However, I did not like the hummus on the bottom; I felt it threw off the nice taste of the other foods, athough Evan liked the tastes together (he had a few bites). 

Evan ordered the Azuluna lamb and it was wonderful (I had a few bites).


Because we didn't want the night to end, we sat around (finished our wine) and digested so we could make room for dessert. 

Once we digested, we split a (French Pressed) decaf coffee and caramel butter bread pudding. The desserts are created from an award winning pastry chef, so we knew we had to try to make room for at least one to share.



HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO WORTH EVERY BITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a wonderful evening with the love of my life! Happy Anniversary Evan!


Now, time to run some of those calories off from last nights dinner. Running recap coming tomorrow......

How was your weekend? Do you have the day off tomorrow? If so, any fun plans?

3 comments:

  1. I love reading about your running adventures and training and routes around Boston (b/c I'll be there in a few months!) :) PS. Happy 100th blog post, and more importantly, happy anniversary to you and your hubby-to-be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Your anniversary dinner looks JUST delish!

    2. I love what you're posting right now about city life and running - it's a nice blend between the two, you know? Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete