Sunday, October 17, 2010

An Indulgent Night

Well, the weekend is almost over :( I have had a GREAT weekend!! Yesterday, Evan got us tickets to this:


"Rock of Ages."

It was the final weekend of the show, so we were SO excited to go see it. "I wanna Rock!!!" It was such a fun show with sing-along songs and a funny story line. Evan and I were dancing and singing the whole time!! They gave us these "lighters"

when we entered the theater and we got to "light them" during the show, like a real rock show!!

After the show we headed over to the Liberty Hotel via the Boston Common for a few drinks before dinner. Along the way I snapped a few photos of the beautiful Fall scenery.



Once we arrived at our destination (COOLEST HOTEL EVER!!) we explored the fun "jail" like hotel (the hotel used to be an active jail)

before settling into our seats for a drink. I started with a WONDERFUL Cabernet Savignon (the best wine I have had)!!

And finished with a French wine (I forget the name) and cheese plate.

The second wine was just OK, nothing compared to my first glass. We also munched on some cheeses while we drank and chatted. Before we knew it, it was past 7pm and we figured we should probably figure out our dinner sitch. We grabbed a cab and headed over to one of my favorite restaurants in Boston: Coppa Enoteca. This was Evan's first time dinning at Coppa (I have gone before with my parents), but we LOVE the sister restaurant Toro.

There was an hour wait when we arrived, so we decided to have a drink at the bar while we waited (A VERY indulgent night for me in many ways). Coppa is a SUPER tiny restaurant, so the bar space was basically nonexistent. After a little while of sipping and chatting we were able to sit down. Now at this point I was getting a little tipsy (3 glasses of wine and only cheese and bread consumed in like 7 hours) = bad idea!!!!

So when the waiter suggested we try a pizza with "Lardo" because it was the house special and just plain incredible, I said "love too." I also agreed to have a bottle of wine, again bad idea!!!!!

The wine was delicious and very different from the glasses I had earlier. As for the pizza.......

Literally the best thing I have EVER eaten. HOLY COW AMAZING!!!!!! It was a cheese pizza with mushrooms and "Lardo" with an egg yoke you poured all over. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. We also had a simple salad to start.

As for our entree (Coppa is an Italian Tapas restaurant so all plates were small and sharable) we split Skirt steak with cippolini onion agro dolce, a pasta with lobster and amazing Brussels Sprouts. I only managed to get a picture of the Brussels (Oops!)

This meal was probably the greatest meal of my life. I cannot even describe it to you here because it would not do it justice. All I can say is GO to Coppa, get the pizza and other food and you will be happy!!!!

However, once I woke up this morning (a little hungover....) I was remembering what we ate and Evan said "I can't believe you ate a pizza with lardo on it." "What!" I said. "What is lardo?" We looked it up on-line and realized it is cured pig fat. LOVELY!!! I was feeling kinda sick after hearing this, but Evan found this article that made me feel a little better. I am going to buy unto the "nutritional" value of pig fat, but even still, today (and this week) has/will be a lot less indulgent.....

Today I managed to go to the gym for a run on the treadmill. It actually was a beautiful day in Boston, but I was unsure how my knees were going to respond, so I wanted to have other cardio machines close by. My knees/body felt great. Minus the pig fat dripping off me in the form of sweat; I swear the man running next to me looked at me like he wanted to eat me. I ended up running 5 miles in 45 minutes. I came home iced and stretched.

After a bunch of cleaning, food shopping and a little work, Evan and I made a delicious meal inspired by this Cooking Light recipe. Instead of Halibut we used Mahi Mahi because it was on-sale. Other than that we followed the recipe exactly. The meal turned out GREAT and I highly recommend making it, especially the sauce for the fish. YUM!

I hope my picture application will work tomorrow (I am using an older uploador version that is not as good, but works), this is getting SO annoying I might have to change hosts.... Anyways, I hope you had a great weekend and maybe had a few indulgences of your own!



No comments:

Post a Comment