Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!


If you guessed I was a Vampire than you would be right! 


I actually thought my costume came together pretty well, considering that I threw it together at the last minute and at an inexpensive price tag. Unfortunately, my fangs fell out as soon as I left the house and would not secure back in for the rest of the night. Which was kinda my whole costume, so I didn't quite look like a vampire when we arrived at our destination. However, I still looked good for pictures!

Evan was a hunter and had "bite" marks from me, haha
The Girls: We went with our friends Laura and Matt: Laura was a Lobster
 
The guys: Matt was a cop
We arrived at the Cambridge Brewing Company (CBC) around 6:30 thinking we would only have to wait around 30-40 minutes to get in. However, when we arrived the line was wrapped around the corner and they were at capacity inside. Which meant we had to wait till people left for us to get in. Unfortunately we could not buy tickets in advance, so we had to either wait in line or go somewhere else. I kinda wanted to leave because it was freezing out, but my friends felt otherwise. We ended up waiting in line for close to two hours.


The waiting was not horrible, we were able to put our name in so we did not have to wait for a table to eat once we got in. Also, there was another bar next door, so whenever we got cold we went in to warm up for a little. 

We FINALLY got into CBC around 8:30 and we were able to sit right away, but not without getting a beer first. OMG, let me tell the 2 hour wait was WELL worth it, we had entered pumpkin beer HEAVEN!!! There were 32 different pumpkin brews spread out over three beer stations inside and out of the restaurant.


Drink tickets were 4 for $5 and the majority of the beers cost 1 ticket for a 4oz pour. You could also choose a 4, 8, 12 and 16 oz pour with the corresponding amount of tickets. I only had 4oz pours to maximize the variety of beer tastings. 

a 4oz pour in the souvenir glass 
Once we sat for dinner, I started with a Grilled Flat bread that I bought on the patio from the Grill Menu and brought into the restaurant (I am not sure if this was legal, but I was DYING to try this flat bread and it was not on the inside menu). The flat bread contained Tuscan kale, fontina cheese, roasted pumpkin and dried cranberries. HEAVEN!!!!

This is what was left after I inhaled some and then realized I should take a picture
For my main course, I ordered the local honey glazed pumpkin and celery root timbale, watercress, arugula, fired procuitto, and aged gouda salad with a hazelnut-sage vinaigrette. 


The salad was SO fresh and delicious and I LOVED the huge hunks of glazed pumpkin on the bottom of the salad stack. I was very impressed that the restaurant was busy and they were still able to get quality food out. I also had a taste of Evan's roasted sugar pumpkin bisque and grilled pork sausage with braised collard greens and pumpkin mustard relish. 

YUM!
And finally (because we didn't already eat and drink to much) Evan and I split the pumpkin bread pudding with pumpkin ale ice cream and house butterscotch. 


I liked the bread pudding a lot; however, Evan was not to crazy about he thought it tasted to bready. Clearly not a problem for me!!

As for the beers, I had about 8 or 9 tastes throughout the night and the few that stood out to me were: the CBC Punjabi Pumpkin, Iron Hill Bruce Camp-Ale, and the Elysian Hansel & Gretel. I decided I really like pumpkin beers that are more gingery than sweet, so if you are in the same boat these three are great ones to try, although the Iron Hill Bruce Camp-Ale is a little more buttery sweet than gingery, but not overpowering. 

Around 10pm there was the Taping of the GREAT PUMPKIN.


Beer was tapped and passed out straight from the pumpkin. I tried some, but it was kinda watery compared to all the great beers I had been trying all night.

Around midnight the four of us departed home via the T (the public transportation in Boston).

Not really sure what's going on here, but I think Evan might be explaining his pain
from the cycling class from earlier in the day!

GREAT night with GREAT friends, food and drinks! I hope you all are having a GREAT Halloween! 

Now off to do a little running to detox before another yet another celebration:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment