Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Day of Rest

Ok, Well, today was (even though it was beautiful outside) definitely a rest day! I have been having a little trouble sleeping lately.

Does anyone have any good sleeping tips?


So, I was just flat out pooped when I got home from work. I also felt my quads bursting a little and my feet are a little achy. While working out yesterday (I did 30 minutes of the stair climber followed by a few strength exercise), I used 2 right shoes! I brought my workout clothes to work and accidentally packed the same foot sneaker for both my feet. I was too lazy to go home and figured I was already at the gym (which is sometimes the hardest part about working out), so I just worked out with the sneakers I had. OOPS!

As for today, the great thing about not training for a race is that I can decide whatever day I want to take off and do not have to fallow any kind of schedule. I usually try to wait a week and then take a rest day to not overwork or under work one week, but if I feel just unmotivated or have no desire to work out, I just don't. It is a VERY freeing feeling, especially after a somewhat strict training plan.

However, I did consider going for a walk because it is an incredible day in Boston, so I texted a friend, but she was busy. I thought about going by myself, but got a little tired. Oh well, I promise to have a more exciting workout tomorrow! Do I see a little Total Body Conditioning on the horizon........

So, what should I do when I can't exercise? I eat!!!

Tonight I started with dessert and tried making Baked Apples that Caitlin made on HTP yesterday.


I then worked on some chicken that I purchased on Sunday at a new butcher shop that opened up in Coolidge Corner in Brookline: The Meat House. The shop was really cool. I liked how all the meat was displayed in the cases. But most important I liked that all the beef was grass-fed and bought from a local farm in western Mass. Also, all the employees were very helpful and knowledgeable. The shop also carries Boar's Head cold cuts (my favorite brand), fun local foods, GREAT craft brews and wines. I highly recommend checking it out if you live around the Boston area. I ended up purchasing some beef chuck (I think that's what it is called) for beef stew later in the week and sun dried tomato marinated chicken breasts (which was for tonight).


Along with the chicken, we had some leftover risotto with butternut squash and mushrooms and sauteed brussel sprouts (Evan's personal specialty).


All together now:


Anyway, I'm currently relaxing and trying to catch up with my book club book: "Girl with the Dragoon Tattoo."

Has anyone read this book? If so, what are your thoughts (I just started it)?


Hopping to get a good night's sleep tonight! Have a great night!!!

2 comments:

  1. I had a bout with Insomnia in the summer of 2008. The biggest thing I learned is that if you can't fall asleep after 15 minutes, you need to do something else. Like, sudoku or something to pass the time.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Good idea, I will try that next time!

    ReplyDelete