Monday, December 13, 2010

Super Foods to Enhance Your Running

After reading this article I decided to try and incorporate some super foods into dinner tonight. And what better way to eat spinach and ricotta than in Vegetable Lasagna? More specifically, Kath's: The Best Vegetable Lasagna. I followed the recipe exactly, except I used Ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese in order to use another "super food" and I do not really care for cottage cheese.


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


Aspects of the recipe that I was wary about were: not cooking the lasagna noodles, not sauteing the vegetables and not using an egg.  However, the lasagna turned out great and I did not have as many dishes nor did I have to do as much "pre" work as I do with a "regular" lasagna.

My plate: INCREDIBLE!!!!

Plus a small second helping (I have to get those super foods in there)......
Prior to this yummy meal, I worked up an appetite by running 4.5 miles in 40 minutes at the gym (It was a rainy/dreary day in Boston). DreamFar's training run tomorrow is 4 miles and unfortunately (fortunately!?) I will be at the Boston Pops Holiday concert with my family and won't be able to make it. So, I did the run today and will (hopefully) run with the team on Thursday.

Hope everyone has a GREAT week!

1 comment:

  1. Lady, you know how I love that you test-drive these recipes for me - that looks delish!

    I would also be completely skeptical about not cooking the pasta first. This is a good thing to know for future pasta-baking extravaganzas.

    ReplyDelete