Friday, December 17, 2010

From Pops to Tots

Hello Everyone! I am sorry I have been a little MIA, but work/Christmas shopping has been taking over my life.


Has anyone finished their holiday shopping??

One of the fun holiday events I enjoyed was attending the Boston Pops (Boston's symphony orchestra) with my family on Tuesday afternoon.


We sat at a cute little table in the "orchestra" section of Symphony Hall.


The four of us (Evan, unfortunately, had to work) enjoyed a bottle of Savignon Blanc during the performance. The performance was wonderful, the Pops and Tangelwood choir were wonderful! I loved singing fun holiday songs and listening to beautiful classical tunes. And not to mention Symphony Hall was incredible!


After the show, the four of us dined at The Paramount Boston on Beacon Hill (the restaurant won "Best of Boston" in 2010).


I started off with a smooth glass of Cabernet Savignon and then split "Peking shrimp dumplings" as an appetizer. 


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! For dinner I ordered the Tereyaki Salmon stir fry.


The salmon was HUGE and SO fresh tasting (not fishy at ALL)! The stir fry had lots and lots of fresh veggies, which I was surprised to see because I was expecting only a few frozen ones. I was VERY impressed by this meal! It was SO big I could not finish the whole plate. This restaurant was also affordable; my whole plate was only $18 and it was shareable. I will DEFINITELY be going back here soon!!
------------------------------------------

As for running, I trained with the DreamFar team yesterday (Thursday). We went for a chilly 4.5 mile run around a reservoir. We finished in 40 minutes and actually ran a few of the miles in 8 minutes. I ran with the "fast" runners, so we really tried to push ourselves. I also think the cold really pushed us to run fast to stay warm! The team is running a 6 mile run tomorrow at 8 am. I am not sure I will make it that early (I would have to leave my house at 7am) and this week has been a little crazy/stressful, so I might need a morning to sleep in. However, I WILL run the miles on my own and train with the team on Tuesday. I am hoping to run a Saturday "long run" in the future!
----------------------------------------

So, from a fun exciting night at the Pops on Tuesday, I had a quiet/relaxing night today babysitting the little boy I babysat over the summer. We had a lot of fun playing trucks, trains and "exercising/dancing" in his room. After we worked up an appetite we indulged in some delicious North End (Italian section of Boston) pizza and salad.

plus a second slice of veggie pizza
After an eventful first half of the night, we spent the second half watching TV, eating candy and reading Christmas books. FUN Friday night!

I plan to finish up my Christmas shopping tomorrow and attend another holiday party. Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

How was your Friday night? Any plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Boston Pops sounds awesome! I hope your running is going well and good luck with the rest of your Christmas shopping! (I just finished up the last of mine today, woohoo, feels good!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic adventure - the evening with the Boston Pops sounded just perfect :)

    With the snow and all of the weather mayhem around here, I did basically all of our Christmas shopping online. With the free shipping and the sales, I like to think that I probably came out the same.

    ReplyDelete