Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Calm After the Storm

Thank you all for your sweet comments!!  I am very excited and since you asked for it here is the ring!



The ring is actually Evan's great aunt's and has been in his family for a LONG time! It is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

After much celebration and SNOW,  my family started going a little crazy, so we ventured out to the mall last night. I returned a few presents that didn't fit and picked up a couple of items!! We then met up with Evan and enjoyed a little of this:


Cheesecake is not one of my favorite restaurants, but my family (and Evan) LOVE it! We started with the Factory Nachos (these were unphotographed because we all basically inhaled them) and BREAD!


For my entree, I ordered the Fresh Vegetable Salad with chicken.


This salad was OK, nothing impressive, but not bad (could have used more veggies in my opinion). We all stuck to water because we have been enjoying too many cocktails the past few days. However, we could not say no to desert: Reece's Pieces Chocolate Cheesecake (split 5 ways)!


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. The BEST reason to dine at Cheesecake. 

-----------

Today I had a VERY productive day with LOTS of cleaning and organizing around my house. I also worked on a report for work and just about finished it! Yaya!! Oh yea and I ran 6 miles on the treadmill (in 53 minutes). The roads were just too snowy and it was too cold out (yea I am a baby!!). The run was good, but I had really bad stomach pains during the whole run. I think all this eating and drinking is catching up to me. So, Evan and I decided to cook a healthy, home cooked meal!


Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin, broccoli and yellow rice with sauteed spinach. It was really, really good!!


I am off to watch Eclipse and maybe have a spoonful or two of ice cream! However, I leave you with a few "outtakes" from Christmas to enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. A. The ring is gorgeous!

    B. I just love it when people have family rings like that. I think they're excellent luck :)

    C. I'm a total wuss with running in the cold/elements. Hence, in the winter/freezing + wet parts of fall and spring, I'm all about the treadmill. It's a necessity.

    ReplyDelete