Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Morning

Merry Christmas Eve!! Yesterday, I did a great speed workout on the treadmill. I first warmed up for a mile alternating my speed between 6.0 and 6.5. Then I did 6 "400s" at various speed 7.0, 7.3, 7.5, .7.8, 8.0, and 7.3. I recovered in between each 400 at 6.3 for a minute. I then cooled down for a mile. I did a total of 4.25 miles in 38 minutes. Great workout! After spending the rest of the day getting last minute shopping done, my friends from high school and I had a little reunion at a bar in Boston. Before meeting up with everyone my friend Vicki and I dined at a Mexican restaurant close by.


I started with a "skinny girl" Margarita, but after the first sip I realized that there was NO alcohol in it (well, it had triple sec). Oops, guess I should have read the menu better. So, what is a girl to do: order a shot of tequila that's what!


After catching up and exchanging Christmas presents (Vicki brought me cappuccino cups back from France and Glass Tupperware that I have been eyeing at her house for the past few months!!!), we ordered some Mexican! I order the "special" of the night: Ahi Tuna Tacos with rice and beans and a side salad.


This meal was HUGE!!! I definitely could have split it because I could only finish one taco, all the rice/beans and half the salad. The taco was very different tasting, but good. It did not taste like traditional Mexican and I was glad I got it, but I am not sure I would order it again. I guess when I go out for Mexican I want it to taste like Mexican food!

Once we arrived at the bar we had a great time catching up with lots of old friends. It was SO fun to see lots of friends that live in other states and catch up on their lives and realize how old we have gotten. I feel so fortunate that I can still see old friends, even if it is for just one night a year!

Needless to say I consumed a few beverages throughout the evening and woke up this morning feeling not up to par. So, Evan graciously made me a WONDERFUL Christmas Eve brunch!


Served with Dunkin Donuts coffee!


Happy Holidays to you and your family! I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love that your breakfast includes Dunkin' Donuts coffee - you are a true New Englander :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lady. I think it's hysterical that you had to "save" your margarita with an extra shot. Note to self: Stay away from Skinny Girl cocktails.

    Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful time with friends, family and those that mean the most to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your awesome blog! Hope you had a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete