Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Sorry guys I have been MIA, it has been a whirl wind the last few days. I will start with a running update: Thursday, I went on a nice run, after school, with the DreamFar team. The team was planning on running 8 miles, but I had to cut mine down to 6.2 miles (in 55 minutes) because I had to leave early. 

The run was one of the better ones outside in awhile. The snow has been, slowly but surely, disappearing and the ice is melting. However, it was still freezing outside! I felt pretty good and was able to get a good run in and it was nice to catch up with the team!

The reason I had to leave the practice early was because Evan and I had a meeting with my childhood priest. Surprisingly, Evan and I were a bit nervous because it has been a little while since we have been to church, but the meeting went great! 

Friday, I had a somewhat stressful day at work because I had 2 big meetings! But the meetings went well and I was very happy to see the end of the work day. Friday evening I had my bridesmaids get together at my apartment. In my wedding party I have girls from a few different groups of friends, so I wanted to have them over so everyone could meet. I decided to make a taco bar, but I was so busy entertaining and hosting that I forgot to take pictures. Go to Laura's blog to see the spread! It was a wonderful evening with some incredible girls. I am SO happy that they all can be part of my wedding!! But boy, entertaining sure is tiring!!

Saturday, I got a 7 mile run in on the treadmill. I completed the run in 61 minutes and felt great!!! I am really feeling prepared for my upcoming races. After working off some food and drinks from Friday night, I got ready to do it all again on Saturday. 

The month of February brings the birthdays of two of my best friends, so usually we pick a night to go out and celebrate. Last night was that night! The birthday girls:


We started the evening off by the three of us going to Top of the Hub for beautiful views of the city and a birthday toast. 


For non Bostonians, Top of the Hub is a restaurant on the top of the Prudential building that offers panoramic views of Boston. We all ordered Martini's: I got the ginger lemon drop. AMAZING!!



The martini tasted great, while also being nice and strong; a perfect drink in my opinion. Top of the Hub was a great way to start off the night!


Next up, we met our boyfriends (and Fiance) and my friend's brothers and sister at a local Thai food restaurant: Bangkok City. The ten of us were put in our own private room, equipped with a shrine to a famous Thai king!


The table started off with spring rolls and champagne.



For my entree, Evan and I split:

Pik King with Seafood
and

Green curry with chicken (sorry bad pic)
All the food was fresh and delicious. And as we were leaving the wait staff come out with umbrellas and ice cream singing happy birthday. 



After dinner, we met up with a bunch of other friends at a local Fenway bar and danced the night away. Fun, fun night! Happy Birthday Kira and Vicki!!!!!

Today, I have just been catching up on things and preparing for the week. I am getting so excited because one week from today I will be in San Francisco!!!!!

How was your weekend? Any ideas on good restaurants or fun things to do in San Fran??

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your gorgeous friends :) Sounds like a fun weekend! So you're going to SF next weekend?! I'm going there in two weekends! Crazy! It's too bad we're missing each other but we'll have to meet up in Boston in April for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such a nice weekend (albeit busy). I've only been to SF once and it was like...eight years ago? I can't wait to read about your adventure! I'm sure it will be beautiful and delicious.

    Happy Valentine's Day, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We definitely have to met up when you are in Boston, I will be cheering you on for sure!

    Happy Valentine's Day to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up on your blog today... I love the birthday pictures! I can't believe I didn't take any at the bridesmaid dinner. I think we were all caught up in the moment. It was such a great weekend for celebrations. Thanks for everything! Love ya, lady!

    ReplyDelete