Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dinner for Two!

Hope you all had a great Valentine's day! I did! It actually was a VERY long day for me, starting with a busy day at work, followed with a quick run "workout" at the gym that went a little something like this:

Distance: 4.0 miles
Duration: 35 minutes
Warm up: (.5 miles) 6.3mph
Work out: 6 x 400s 8.0mph
(with a 400 rest inbetween)
Cool Down: (.5 miles) 6.3mph

Great workout! Short and sweet. But man, those 400s were SO hard! After my run, I showered and went to class and then a meeting (I told you it was a LONG day!)

I quickly got back home and was greeted with this AMAZING scene:




Evan was busy at work making this INCREDIBLE meal!

Cioppino with clams, mussels, shrimp, tilapia, and scallops!
Arugula salad
Baguette
Evan and I enjoyed a lovely dinner, complete with relaxing background music and good conversation. We drank a couple glasses of wine (from the Newport winery we visited in September) and some delicious food!



But no Valentine's evening could be complete without some dessert: Angel food cake with strawberries and whip cream! YUM!



PERFECT DAY!

How was your Valentine's Day??

Off to eat another piece of cake, g'night!

3 comments:

  1. What a great guy! That's sweet that you he had it all ready for you after such a long day! I don't know how you fit it all in!

    We stayed in last night, but I made dinner (like usual). Very low key and just how we like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Your Valentine's Day dinner looked just gorgeous! Evan definitely hit a home run on that one.

    We stayed in on Sunday and Monday and cooked. It was calm and peaceful and Soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Sometimes it is nice to just relax and spend time with your special someone!!

    ReplyDelete