Saturday, February 19, 2011

Attempt #2

Yesterday was another amazing day here in Boston, I think the temps reached close to 60!!! I took advantage of the nice weather by going on a run with Evan. I guess everyone else had a similar idea because the streets were packed! It was actually kinda annoying at points, but I still managed to get in a good run. 


Evan stayed with me for the first 2 miles and then headed home, while I continued to run for 6.2 miles. Here are the splits:


Distance: 6.2
Duration: 54:30
Mile 1: 9:49
Mile 2: 9:13
Mile 3: 8:22
Mile 4: 8:37
Mile 5: 7:52
Mile 6: 8:53
Mile .2: 1:40


Running these past two days have regained my love for running ( I was getting a little burnt out with all this cold/snowy running and treadmill running). It was nice to be sweating for once outside on a run. I cannot wait for this spring!!!


Ok, on to the questions.....


Where and when were you happiest?
I can think of two times; the day Evan asked me to marry him and the summer after my senior year in high school when my 10 best girlfriends rented a house on the beach in Cape Cod. That was one CRAZY week!!!


If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would change my hair because it is SO thick and frizzy. I wish it could be straight and silky.


What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
Finishing grad school!


What is your most treasured possession?
My computer!!! haha


What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Being stuck in the house for a LONG period of time.


Where would you like to live?
California


What is your most marked characteristic?
Friendly/outgoing


What is your greatest extravagance?
Going out to fancy dinners!!!


What are the qualities you most like in a man?
Funny, good looking, kind, caring and sensitive


How would you like to die?
In my sleep as an old, old women


Who are your favorite writers?
J.K. Rowling, and a variety of others...currently loving the book "Sarah's Key"by Titiana De Rosnay and "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen, but I haven't read any other books by those authors.....


Who are your heroes  in real life?
I would say a mix between Jackie Kennedy and Hillary Clinton. Someone who has the grace, beauty and style of Jackie, but the brains and drive of Hillary!


What is your motto?
"Live like you are dying." I know it is corny, but I think it is important to think about every day!


I would like to hear from:
Taking Back My Twenties
Runner's Kitchen
Early Morning Run


I leave you with some pictures of last night's second attempt at bowling at Sacco's Bowl Heaven and Flatbreads Pizza in Davis Square. A few weeks ago I went there with my family, but was really bad at bowling. I am happy to report I had a comeback last night and actually beat Evan in a game! Afterwards we went to a local bar to hear some music and dance. What a fun night with friends (and good food and beer!).


Ommegang: AMAZING!!!

Flatbread's pizza!!!


Fun night!
Off to pack for San Fran!!! Not sure what my blogging will be like this week, but I will be sure to get a few good runs in and take lots of pictures of amazing food, wine and beer!! Have a great week!!!



1 comment:

  1. I'm actually sitting on Hillary Clinton's autobiography right now - I can't wait to start reading it. I'm absolutely fascinated by her as a First Lady and a Politician.

    I hope that you have the best of times in SF - I can't wait to hear about the runs, the feasting and the adventures!

    ReplyDelete