Sunday, March 20, 2011

Two Amazing Runs!!

With such great weather these past few days, I have been able to enjoy two great runs! The first run was on Thursday and the weather was in the 60s!!!! I ran around the Charles River and it was just wonderful. Why does nice weather always put you in a good mood?? It put me in such a good mood that Evan and I ditched dinner plans and went out for drinks and dinner. Oops! Anyways back to the run....

Stats!
Distance: 6.04
Duration: 52:01
Mile 1: 9:16
Mile 2: 8:20
Mile 3: 8:21
Mile 4: 8:15
Mile 5: 8:21
Mile 6: 8:38

Overall this was a good run. It did take me a little while to get into it and I had too many clothes on. However, once I wrapped my jacket around my waist and I was a mile in to the run time just flew by. It was nice to run around the Charles without the snow. I forgot how much I like to run in this area, even at rush hour with more lights and cars, but you can still get in some good people watching. This run put me in a great mood!

Saturday I did a long run around the "Fens" to Brookline and back by way of the Charles, then a quick loop around the South End. It was a lot colder (about 45), but I actually felt stronger than on Thursday. Here are the stats:

Distance: 9.00
Duration: 1:16:30
Mile 1: 8:53
Mile 2: 8:10
Mile 3: 8:36
Mile 4: 8:34
Mile 5: 8:15
Mile 6: 8:30
Mile 7: 8:35
Mile 8: 8:20
Mile 9: 8:36

I was happy that I was pretty consistent throughout all my miles, with an average mile at 8:30. Like I said before, I felt VERY good during the run and did not feel any pain. However, I got a massive blister on my right heel that kinda bothered me towards the end of the run. Also, I got a little chill towards the end as well. Overall, it was great to be doing more miles and I have 10 on the agenda for next week!

Did you get in any great runs this weekend?


Even though it was St. Patty's day weekend, I had a pretty low key weekend. I had a long week at work, so I needed a little R & R.

How was your weekend? Did you engage in any St. Patty's day festivities? 

3 comments:

  1. I ran along the river early Saturday morning and it was amazing! It's so refreshing not wearing a thousand layers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on your runs over the weekend! Woop woop! I'm so looking forward to your first full marathon experience and I just know you'll run Boston one day too. Any fulls on your radar??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I am thinking maybe New York in November or there is one in Lowell, MA in October. Any suggestions for a good first marathon to run?

    ReplyDelete