Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend Recap

I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!!! Mine has been wonderful with good food, friends and drinks! Lets start where we left off last....

I met Evan at Stoddard's Fine Food and Ale Friday evening for a second "light" dinner and some beer!


Stoddard's is designed to replicate a 1920s "speakeasy," with creative cocktails and upscale pub food. I ordered a Golden Monkey to start,


and a root vegetable bisque to eat as my second dinner of the night (the first was Dragon Sushi),


with some yummy, yummy homemade bread!


The bisque was great and totally different from others I have tried! I highly recommend the food and drinks at Stoddard's. In addition, the wait staff was very nice, attentive and helpful! Afterwards, Evan and I met up with some friends from his work for a few more cocktails at a local pub.

Needless to say, I woke up Saturday with a bit of a headache from the beers. However, it did not stop me from a nice run around the Charles River. Here are my stats:

Distance: 6.21
Duration: 52:10
Mile 1: 8:43
Mile 2: 7:45
Mile 3: 8:16
Mile 4: 8:21
Mile 5: 8:37
Mile 6: 8:40
Mile .21: 1:45

Surprisingly I felt great during this run. I started out a little weak and tired, but after about a mile I picked up my speed and flew to the end. It is funny though, as the weather is getting colder I am noticing that my knees are starting to hurt a little more. I wonder why?

Does anyone else notice joints starting to hurt more in the colder weather?


After working up an appetite, Evan and I met some friends at an Asian Fusion restaurant: Myers + Chang.


It was a very cool restaurant with an upscale diner-type feel.




Evan and I have been waiting to try this restaurant for a few years now because of all the great reviews it has received.

I started with a Rioja upon recommendation from the waitress:


It was nice and spicy, just the way I like it! For food, Evan and I started with Shitake and Asian Greens Dumplings:


Brown rice


and Clams with Black Bean sauce. I, unfortunately, was too hungry and excited when the clams arrived that I totally forgot to take a picture. Oops! All I can say is that everything was delicious, fresh and somewhat different tasting (in a good way) than a traditional Chinese restaurant.

For our entree, Evan and I split two meals: Pan roasted soy glazed salmon and Triple pork mushu stirfry.




I LOVED the Salmon, but was not too crazy about the stir fry, it was a little to salty for me. However, Evan and the other couple LOVED the stir fry and Evan proclaimed it was a top five meal in the city!

Fun night and good food with friends! We will definitely be coming back to Myers + Chang!


How was your weekend?


I am off to prepare for two BIG presentations I have tomorrow morning. Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. This weekend was a good one - completely relaxing, which is totally necessary in my book, the weekend before a big holiday week. You know?

    Love the idea of a speak easy-themed bar. I wish we had one of those in MN.

    ReplyDelete