Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Preparing the stomach for Thanksgiving!

Well the big day is almost upon us and my stomach has been hard at work, working overtime in preparation for the big event.

Let's start with Sunday: My family had a pre-Thanksgiving meal at my grandfather's house. Here are some pics of my stomach at work:

Shrimp and Broccoli rice dish
Spinach Casserole
Green Beans
Salad
Meat Cookies
Artichokes 
My Plate (The ham and turkey were unphotographed)
Workout #2: Cheese Tortellini with Spinach, Mushrooms and Vodka Sauce.

Boil some of these guys:


Perfect!


Saute some spinach and mushrooms in garlic and EVOO


Then heat up a little of this vodka sauce


All together now:


OH MY, my stomach is hard at work!!


Some last minute training included: Steak Tips, Coconut butter Butternut squash and broccoli

I grilled pre-marinated teryaki Steak Tips


Steamed Broccoli


and prepared some butternut squash according to this KERF recipe. It came out great!!


I am not sure if I am quite ready for the big day, might have to do a little extra training, I think ice cream should do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment