I would spring to the gym in the late morning where I could run (3 miles in 26 minutes) and lift (a bunch of back, abs and leg exercises). I would then come home, shower and get ready for my day.
I could prepare a healthy and delicious lunch that included lots of colors and flavors of the season.
|Spinach with grape leaves, Munster cheese, peppers, carrots, cucumber and hummus with a few veggie chips on the side|
Once I tired of that I would engage in a little light reading and satisfying snacking (lots and lots of handfuls of Puffins oatmeal cereal).
When I regained some energy I would start some light cooking, but only something that was not too strenuous to make (Chicken, broccoli and mushroom pesto pasta).
3 cloves garlic
3/4 pound chicken breast
a bunch of broccoli
pint of mushrooms
jar of pesto
whole wheat pasta
veggie or chicken broth
pepper, red pepper flakes, salt
1) Dice garlic and saute in a little pesto sauce
2) Once garlic is heated add diced chicken breast
3) Add a little more pesto
4) Saute chicken in garlic and pesto
5) While chicken is cooking; boil pasta in water
6) Also on the side saute mushrooms and steam broccoli
7) Once all items (Chicken, pasta, broccoli and mushrooms) are done add together and put more pest in (add as much or as little as you like to taste-usually i end up using about half a small jar).
8) Add a little (about 1/2 cup) of chicken (or veggie) broth to the mixture
9) Add pepper, salt, red pepper flakes and some Parmesan cheese into mixture
10) Cover and put on low for 10 minutes
|Mmmmm, black and white cookies!|
Oh, what a nice dream; too bad I will have to wake up from it tomorrow (I had the day off from internship due to professional day for the staff). Hope everyone is having a GREAT week!