Do you take classes at the gym? If so, what ones are your favorite?
I want to share with you a recipe that I made this week and is one of our favorites: Mixed Shellfish Seafood Pasta.
Evan and I created this recipe over the years as a quick and easy weeknight meal. It is great because it can be made gourmet and expensive (fresh shellfish) or quick and cheap (Trader Joe's Seafood Mix).
A mix of shellfish (Clams, Calamari, Shrimp and/or Scallops) or the Trader Joe's Seafood Mix (in the freezer section)
Butter (1-2 Tbs)
EVOO (1-2 Tbs)
Lemon Juice (1/4 cup)
White wine (1/2 cup)
Garlic (a couple of cloves or however much you like)
Red Pepper Flakes
Dried OreganDried Tarragon/Thyme
Salt and Pepper
Parmesan cheese to desired amount
1) Cook pasta according to the directions
2) Saute garlic, EVOO, butter, lemon juice, spices, and wine for about a minute or so to cook off wine
3) Add shellfish and saute (3-5 minutes)
4) Add Parmesan cheese (to taste), salt and pepper
5) (When pasta is cooked) Add pasta to the mix, cover and let sit all together on Low or Warm for 10 minutes
Quick and Easy!! A salad is a great accompaniment to this meal and it increases the nutritional value....
All together now......
I am currently enjoying this lovely Friday night meal:
|Dragon Roll (keeping with the theme this week): Sweet Potato Tempura wrapped with eel and avocado and brown rice!|
Served with a little hot tea on this cold night.
Headed out to meet Evan for a Friday night beer! Happy Friday and hope you have a GREAT weekend!!!