Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bull....Run!

Happy Sunday! Wow, this weekend has just flown by! I had a great time last night celebrating a friend's accomplishments! The party was held at a local restaurant in western Massachusetts called Bull Run.

The restaurant was very cozy and had a rustic feel. It kinda reminded me of an upscale lodge at a skiing resort. The party was in a room that centered around a large wrap around bar. There also was a man playing the guitar and singing. The party included an open bar, so I obviously started with a glass of "house" Pinot Noir.


This was not the kind of place where you ask for a wine list, so I am not really sure the kind of wine, but I do know that it was pretty good! I managed to have two more glasses throughout the evening while chatting and catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. I munched on some snacks that were put out for us.

Cheese and Buffalo chicken pizza

Chicken bites and a qusadilla
Not the healthiest selection of food, but good for just quick bites while chatting. Eating like this once and a while is OK, it is all about balance! We got home around midnight and I inhaled a BIG bowl of cereal before heading to bed.

--------------------------

In trying to keep balanced, I woke up this morning and headed out for a chilly 6.5 mile run. Here are the stats:

Distance: 6.5
Duration: 54:57
Mile 1: 7:56
Mile 2: 8:23
Mile 3: 8:28
Mile 4: 8:28
Mile 5: 8:11
Mile 6: 8:36
Mile .5: 4:53 (up two HUGE hills)

I felt really good and it was nice running in a new area (my parents' house).

Once home, I enjoyed a nice Sunday lunch with my family. Starting with some apps:

Pita Crackers (Best Crackers EVER) and Aged Cheddar Cheese
For the main course we had braised short ribs that my mom cooked all day in a pureed vegetable sauce, over couscous.




and some salad


Perfect end to a perfect weekend!! Back to the grind tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment